Woolworths customer discovers “disgusting” addition in stir fry salad packet

Shoppers who purchased from a Queensland Woolworths store a pre-packaged bag of stir fry mix say they bit into a frog that was in the food and ate it.

Kathy McGee, 61, from the Ipswich area southwest of Brisbane, told 9news.com.au that around lunch time on Sunday she bought the Rainbow Vegetables pack from Woolworths’ Brassall store and prepared it for dinner at around 5pm.

It was then that Tony Palmer, her 62-year-old husband, said that he felt he was chewing a bad piece of cabbage.

He tried to gnaw on it, and he was a little off, and he swallowed it, and he said,’I don’t know what it is, it doesn’t taste like cabbage’, and he pulled it out of his mouth and he realised it was a frog,” Ms McGee said.

“He’s pulled the whole frog out and there’s a leg missing and he’s quite convinced that’s the part he’s bit off and swallowed.

“Both of us were quite sick in realising what he’d just consumed. We were peeving.”

After discovering the animal, Ms McGee said they both went to the bathrooms in their home to be sick and she called Woolworths the next morning, using the consumer details and the number of the complaint listed on the packet.

“(The number) took me to a menu for online orders, so I rang the shop that I bought it from and I explained my situation to them,” she said.
“They passed me onto a man… from Produce. He asked me if I could send a statement and photos to his email address and he would pass it onto the appropriate people.”

Woolworths offered a full refund and replacement.

Leave a Comment